The Complete Denture Program Video Series
Dr. Aldo Leopardi, Prosthodontist and Mike Young, CDT demonstrate the Complete Denture technique with live patient clinical procedures and laboratory steps. This is one of the most up to date and clinically relevant online and DVD series on the Complete Denture Technique available today. Filmed in widescreen, high definition, Dr. Leopardi discusses all aspects of the complete denture experience, covering each dental appointment with a live patient example:
Appointment One: Examination, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.
Appointment Two: Primary Impressions: Stock dentate and edentulous tray techniques.
Appointment Three: Secondary Impressions: elastomeric impression technique vs. conventional impression wax-compound.
Appointment Four: Maxillomandibular Jaw Relations. Teeth Selection.
Appointment Five: Wax-Trial Denture Set-up.
Appointment Six: Delivery Appointment.
Appointment Seven: Follow-up.
The online DVD series is in a modular format, 20 modules in total. It can be taken as individual modules of interest, or as a complete program. Continuing Education credits (ADG-PACE) are available if interested (minimum one hour of viewing to qualify for a minimum of one hour CE credit).
Upon completion of the complete program, participants should expect the following:
- Have an improved understanding of exam, diagnosis, treatment planning and clinical and laboratory procedures in fabrication of complete dentures.
- Evaluate and adjust denture impression tray border extensions appropriately to facilitate accurate border molding impression technique.
- Understand maxillomandibular relation criteria and clinical steps.
- Have an improved understanding of tooth selection and anterior/posterior teeth set-up.
- Understand try-in, delivery and follow-up appointment objectives.
- Also have an improved understanding of the laboratory hard-reline clinical impression technique.